There are days when you just need that extra boost of energy. It might be because you just finished your work out routine, or maybe you are on a hike. Whatever the reason what you need at such time is a quick snack to give your body some fuel. Why not combine goodness of peanut butter and oat flakes with added maple syrup to sweeten the deal. Packed with protein, carbs and fibre these cookies are just perfect to replenish your body’s energy. These chewy cookies with slightly salty sweet flavour take almost no effort to prepare. Which is a bonus!
Makes 6 medium cookies
- 150g smooth peanut butter
- 60g maple syrup
- 60g rolled oat flakes
- Place peanut butter and maple syrup in a large microwavable bowl and mix together
- Line baking tray with a baking parchment
- Heat the peanut butter and syrup mixture in the microwave for 20 seconds in high setting then take out and mix thoroughly
- Repeat point 3 another 4 to 5 times until the mixture looks like it starting to dry out.
- Add oat flakes to the bowl and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Place cookie cutter on the baking parchment and fill with about heaped tablespoon of the mixture. Press down with the spoon to create a disc 0.5cm thick. Gently remove the cookie cutter.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture. You should end up with 6 medium size 0.5cm cookies.
- Cover with another sheet of baking parchment and place another baking tray on top. Refrigerate for about 45 minutes.
Add cookies to your lunch box or take it as an after workout snack. Store cookies in an airtight container. Preferably in a fridge for the first 24 hours. Although I don’t expect they will last that long.