I am back! It has been a long break dictated by numerous personal commitments but finally I found some time to publish a new recipe. Winter is nearly upon us. I don’t know how about you but I hate getting up early in the morning when it is cold and still dark outside. On days when I have to go to work I prefer to stay in bed as long as possible. This means I need breakfast that is quick and nutritious. Overnight porridge fits this description perfectly. I requires no prep in the morning as I prepare it in the evening day before. It is healthy and nutritious and what is most important it tastes great! So if like me you need something quick before leaving for work in the morning give this recipe a go.
Makes 2 – 3 portions (depending on how greedy you are)
Equipment required: Large bowl (or plastic container) with a lid
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 cup of porridge oats
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Toasted almond flakes to garnish
- You need to start this recipe a night before breakfast. Place the banana in the bowl and mash thoroughly with a fork.
- Add the oats, milk, chia seeds and cinnamon (if using). Mix well and cover with a lid. Put the bowl in the fridge for the night.
- In the morning portion the porridge into individual breakfast bowls. Garnish with the almond flakes and enjoy with a cup of hot coffee.